Sunday, June 7, 2015

Just Another Day in Paradise... Whats new?

The past few days have been a lot slower and with less to report than usual. Thursday, we had a presentation from Campidano Ambiente on their door to door collection systems for different municipal fractions. I was a bit on the tired side, so I was fighting sleep for the whole presentation. Anna even had to bark at me once, sorry Anna. It was good though, and they fed us a nice lunch there, so it was worth it. :p When we got back I immediately took a siesta before using the rest of the afternoon to finish up our project.

The next morning we got up early to practice and then we went to class for presentation time. We were last group to present our findings on Nashville. Everyone's presentation was really good and thorough and gave a bunch of nice points of comparison for recycling in the US and Europe. However, these presentations lasted a few hours and if it weren't for 2 cups of coffee I couldn't have made it through the day. After lunch we had our exam which wasn't too difficult but was really tricky. It was open notes so we could use all of the power points from the different class presentations, and they had basically all of the answers, but a few questions were a bit sketchy. I still disagree with the answer to 2 of the questions, and I'm not about to budge on my stance, but I guess I'm not the grader. It was good to say its all done though. Made it possible to wipe the sweat off my shoulders so I could just enjoy the weekend. So we all took our hair down and went out to party the night away.

Didn't get up the next morning 'till after 12 (felt amazing). Everyone else was in a similar boat, and most were hung over. We left for the beach around 1, stopping at McDonald's for burger breakfast (don't ask me why, my vote was discounted when making the decision). It was surprisingly expensive and surprisingly packed with people. I can't imagine why, it was so not worth it in my book. Once everyone had their fat filled breakfasts, we went to the beach. This time I wasn't about to burn again so I covered up with sunscreen. We pretty much just tanned the day away, intermixed with some swimming. I wasn't to happy about wearing sunscreen, but I have to admit it was nice leaving the beach without tender red skin.

Some pictures from the beach.



We got back, showered off the salt and went out to eat at the usual pizza place. Had a nice view of a TV from where I sat so I could watch the finals between Barcelona an Juventus. Barcelona took it 3-1 with some classic goals. After dinner we grabbed some drinks and walked out to the pier. We hung out and talked for awhile before heading back for an earlier night.

Despite the earlier night, I still slept in to around 1. I woke up much earlier, but just didn't want to get out of bed. Been awhile since I've relaxed in bed for so long felt nice. By the time I actually got up everyone had already gone to the beach, so I used the day to work and get some chores done, or at least... I tried. I studied up on Italians barber shop phrases and went to get my hair cut, but all the barber shops were closed, so I ended up walking a long ways for not. I also was going to wash clothes but forgot someone else had the soap and it was locked in their room. So hopefully, Ill be able to get that from them soon, so I can go to the laundromat because I need clean clothing. So yeah that's about it, pretty low-key. Now to continue working on homework and readings. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment