Thursday, May 14, 2015

Expectations

I expect the Italian culture to be extremely festive and fun. One of my closest friends is half Italian and there are always fantastic parties going on at his house. Everyone there is always warm and inviting and there is a strong feel of community. Food is also very big in their household and it is always very tasty. I expect the Italians in Sardinia to be warm, inviting, and friendly just like my friend’s family here at home. Being in Sardinia without really knowing the language or customs is definitely going to be a bit weird, and I am a bit nervous about how I’m going to be able to communicate. However, I am far more excited to be immersed in this new culture than anything else. That currently far outweighs my nerves. I’m enthusiastic to learn about this new culture and to gain a fresh perspective on the world. In order to learn about the culture, I plan to visit as many historic sites as I can, eat the local and customary food, and try to communicate with locals to the best of my ability. And, even if I cannot understand what everyone there is saying I will still be able to people watch and to further gain an understanding of their culture through my mere presence in it. All in all, I am incredibly excited to go to Sardinia and for the adventures that await me!

No comments:

Post a Comment