Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Adventure Begins... with a BANG

WOW!!! Living here in Sardegna has been absolutely unreal! Its only been a few days but it feels like we have been here for weeks. Over the past few days, we have explored much of Cagliari, eaten many delicious and exotic foods along with a 13 course meal, begun learning about waste management, made friends with a great group of Italians from Padua, and partied our butts of with them! This place has proved to be absolutely unreal! As I expected, the Italians here are amazing people! They're fun, festive, friendly, and, for real, have excellent English. Meeting and partying with the group from Padua has been one of the coolest experiences of my life! The sights from the Italian Professors house (yes, we partied with the professors) was beyond beautiful and though the water on the beach was very cold, it was also incredibly refreshing. Though, I have to say the people are really what have made it for me. All of the Italians we have been with are in graduated school and so they are at least 3 or 4 years old than myself. Yet, even though I'm the youngest and we are foreigners, I/we have been treated with the greatest hospitality. Though, I have to say a good part of me feels weird speaking English to Italians in Italy. Why are Italians accommodating to our language needs when we are in their country? I really would like to learn Italian, and I am trying to improve because I would like to communicate using it. The Italians I have met and spoke with have been so cool, it is simply a shame I cant speak with more of them. I will try to add some more to this later, including some video from le feste but for now I will leave you with a picture from the professors house overlooking the water. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment